Construction Trainers Training – CT Train
The objective of the project “Construction trainers training” is to share knowledge, skills and best practises in the construction sector of the partner countries with aim to:
1) Improve the quality and content of vocational training in VET schools and companies in a way that responds to the needs of labour market. 2) Update the generic green skills of trainers. 3) Supplement training materials for teaching construction. 4) Improve the relations between VET schools and companies. 5) Widen the network between VET institutions in Europe. 6) Learn from strengths/ best practises of partner countries. 7) Improve language skills.
This cooperation is important for VET institutions and the training companies to get better and more motivated and aware trainers who are able to supervise youth in the construction field and to respond to the changing requirements of the labour market.
Activities to be carried out:
– Organizing 5 trainer training seminars for with workshops for trainers/tutors in 3 countries – — Participating in 5 trainer training seminars
– Developing study materials on covered topics – each country in their own language – 5 topics
– Testing the study materials on students
Participating countries: Estonia, Italy, Latvia,
The project idea stems from the previous partnership project “COCOMPEUR” when the participants realized that every country a specific field in which they are more competitive than other partners. Through sharing this know how all partners can make one step forward to an improved vocational training system. At the same time the cooperation and networking between companies and schools creates a better learning environment for VET students.
The main idea of the project is to improve the construction field trainers/tutors professional know-how in fields which are not so common in home countries as the labour market requirements are changing rapidly and it is hard to follow all changes in the sector. These best practices were identified during our mobilities in the previous project. The topics we decided during the “COCOMPEUR” meetings and agreed as follows:
Italy: restoration of masonry, stone and plaster
Estonia: natural stone masonry + green construction
Latvia: new technologies in wooden constructions, landscape construction
The project also gives the possibility to improve the trainers key competencies by organizing seminars, preparing training materials and organizing work-shops where they can improve their foreign language and ICT competencies.
The final beneficiaries will be the students of all participating institutions (improved knowledge and skills of teachers and tutors) but also other institutions (available training materials in project website for public use).
OBJECT and Strategy
The objective of the project “Construction trainers training” is to share the knowledge, skills and best practises in the construction sector of the partner countries with the aim to
1) Improve the quality and content of vocational training in VET schools and companies in a way that responds to the needs of labour market today and tomorrow. 2) Update the generic green skills of trainers. 3) Supplement training materials for teaching construction. 4) Improve the relations between VET schools and companies. 5) Widen the network between VET institutions in Europe. 6) Learn from strengths/ best practises of partner countries. 7) Improve language skills.
During the 2 years project each partner will organize at least one seminar and workshop for trainers/ tutors from partner countries on the agreed topic. Lecturers are coming from real working life. Each seminar consists of 2 parts – theoretical lectures and practical workshops. Acquired knowledge is used by trainers from schools and companies who will compose together the training material for students. That kind of tight cooperation gives additional value to each vocational institution. Students of vocational institutions will take part in lectures.
All project outcomes will be published on the web page cocompeur.worldpress.com which was created for the “Cocompeur” project and already concentrates lot of information about the construction sector, curricula, etc in partner countries.
Labour market needs, profiles and technologies in the construction sector are changing rapidly. That is the reason we need to empower our trainers and teachers to adapt to new developments and to enable them to acquire knowledge, skills and competencies which are occupational and also broader key competencies.
1. 30.-31.10.2012 Latvia, Madona – project team meeting
2. 6.-8.02.2013 Latvia, Madona
Topic: „Usage of wood and wooden elements (Timber building), experience in Latvia, new technologies and development directions
3. 15.-17.05.2013 Estonia, Kuressaare
Topic: “Natural stone masonry workshop + seminar about green construction and sustainable construction in Estonia”
4. September 2013 Italy, Firenze
Topic: „Restoration of masonry, stone and plaster – workshop“
5. March 2014 Italy, Firenze
Topic: „ Energy saving construction seminar“
6. June 2014, Latvia, Madona
Topic: “Landscape design/construction and gardening”